Elite Ranks

Welcome To Elite Ranks Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.
[NEWS] 30B Giveaway 28th October.Current Friends Chat [Elite Wagers]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Elite Ranks

Welcome To Elite Ranks Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.
[NEWS] 30B Giveaway 28th October.Current Friends Chat [Elite Wagers]

Elite Ranks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Ranks - Your personal staking clan

Problem with connection spped HyUHYJq

3 posters

Problem with connection spped

Disect

Problem with connection spped Empty Problem with connection spped

Post by Disect Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:36 am

Although I am a college student for Computer engineeer/devlepment, networking puzzles me..

I just need some tips on how i can secure whats being sent and whats being received Bit wise.... my computer is sending out almost 400,000,000 after a few hrs.

and how to minimize lag between when watching a stream and playing rs because one is 10 seconds behind the other.. i know i need a better router and modem, but what else can help?
    Coin
    Coin
    Owner
    Owner

Problem with connection spped Empty Re: Problem with connection spped

Post by Coin Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:21 pm

Zeus should know what may help in this situation will link him this post Smile
    oZEUSo
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post by oZEUSo Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:10 pm

Disect wrote:Although I am a college student for Computer engineeer/devlepment, networking puzzles me..

I just need some tips on how i can secure whats being sent and whats being received Bit wise.... my computer is sending out almost 400,000,000 after a few hrs.

and how to minimize lag between when watching a stream and playing rs because one is 10 seconds behind the other.. i know i need a better router and modem, but what else can help?

Can you please run this test http://www.pingtest.net/ and post results for me please? Smile
    Disect

Post by Disect Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Ping is 42
    Jitter is 2
    grade is B*

Although i have moved since my post and went from comcast to Charter... but am about to get EPB's best package... so as far as my connection goes, its been strong.

But i feel as if my Asus is sending out way more than average.
    oZEUSo
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post by oZEUSo Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:23 pm

Disect wrote:Ping is 42
    Jitter is 2
    grade is B*

Although i have moved since my post and went from comcast to Charter... but am about to get EPB's best package... so as far as my connection goes, its been strong.

But i feel as if my Asus is sending out way more than average.

When playing RS press ALT+` to display the developer menu and type in displayfps then hit enter. When these lags/connection issues occur keep an eye on fps and ping to see if there are any dips in frame rate or spikes in ping. Which ever occurs will indicate whether the issue is isolated to connection or lack of system resources.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:05 pm