Elite Ranks

Welcome To Elite Ranks Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.
[NEWS] 30B Giveaway 28th October.Current Friends Chat [Elite Wagers]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Elite Ranks

Welcome To Elite Ranks Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.
[NEWS] 30B Giveaway 28th October.Current Friends Chat [Elite Wagers]

Elite Ranks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Ranks - Your personal staking clan

You guys have discord? HyUHYJq

5 posters

You guys have discord?

Kebab
    Kebab

You guys have discord? Empty You guys have discord?

Post by Kebab Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:37 am

Do you guys have discord? You should get it Smile
    Coin
    Coin
    Owner
    Owner

You guys have discord? Empty Re: You guys have discord?

Post by Coin Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Not yet
    Kebab
    Kebab

Post by Kebab Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:21 am

Keep me informed pl0x
    Coin
    Coin
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Coin Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Were trying first to get forums little bit more activ
    Malik
    Malik
    Mod
    Mod

Post by Malik Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:06 am

We'll never get it. Discord is for people who don't want to pay for teamspeak. Other than that teamspeak is much better for our FC
    Kebab
    Kebab

Post by Kebab Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:17 am

Malik wrote:We'll never get it. Discord is for people who don't want to pay for teamspeak. Other than that teamspeak is much better for our FC
    Isn't discord better though?
    Malik
    Malik
    Mod
    Mod

Post by Malik Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:50 pm

Kebab wrote:
    Malik wrote:We'll never get it. Discord is for people who don't want to pay for teamspeak. Other than that teamspeak is much better for our FC

On paper, Discord is indeed better:

• Completely free
    * IP/DDoS protected
    • Browser, app and phone support
    * Modernized text chat with customizable text channels
    • Clear voice chat with customizable voice channels
    • User tags which grant users specific permissions
    • Personal messaging and friend/block lists
    • Ping notifications
    • Minimal CPU and memory usage
    * Automatic failover, so your Discord server will never go down
    • An easy to use server setup
    • Customizable server URL's and invite links

The reason why we don't use it is simple: our FC and many others have been with Teamspeak for years and switching to Discord would be a huge step. I still rarely see Discord used throughout RS so if we switch, we won't have many people joining. We will most likely wait until Discord is more reliable and wide-spread to consider it.
    Kebab
    Kebab

Post by Kebab Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:09 am

Malik wrote:
    Kebab wrote:

The reason why we don't use it is simple: our FC and many others have been with Teamspeak for years and switching to Discord would be a huge step. I still rarely see Discord used throughout RS so if we switch, we won't have many people joining. We will most likely wait until Discord is more reliable and wide-spread to consider it.

I think discord is pretty widespread atm within RS community...
    And it's pretty easy to get used to (easier than TS) so ppl joining shouldn't be a problem
    Malik
    Malik
    Mod
    Mod

Post by Malik Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:21 pm

Kebab wrote:
    Malik wrote:
    Kebab wrote:

I think discord is pretty widespread atm within RS community...
    And it's pretty easy to get used to (easier than TS) so ppl joining shouldn't be a problem

Teamspeak is still more widely spread, and even then Discord is spread between normal RS clans. Us stakers are a whole special community separated from the skillers, PvPers, and PvMers. None of the hosts currently use Discord, and I doubt most of them even heard of it.

I already wrote all the pros (including Discord being easier to use) and like I said we're already used to using TS so it would take a major change to switch to Discord.
    BeardedBird
    BeardedBird

Post by BeardedBird Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:56 pm

The reaction might be a bit late, but in order to get the forums a bit more active, wouldn't it be a good idea to also advertise the forums on the new site, next to the youtube, ts and fc? Smile
    Malik
    Malik
    Mod
    Mod

Post by Malik Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:19 am

BeardedBird wrote:The reaction might be a bit late, but in order to get the forums a bit more active, wouldn't it be a good idea to also advertise the forums on the new site, next to the youtube, ts and fc? Smile

We're not going to bother with forums anymore. It's not suitable for our needs
    J0EL
    J0EL

Post by J0EL Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:44 am

Malik wrote:
    BeardedBird wrote:The reaction might be a bit late, but in order to get the forums a bit more active, wouldn't it be a good idea to also advertise the forums on the new site, next to the youtube, ts and fc? Smile

We're not going to bother with forums anymore. It's not suitable for our needs

I disagree with this. I'm assuming the current "needs" you are referring to is to function as a staking group and that the past needs (may have been to promote an IRC chat, if that's what the clan used to be) are disregarded now. Regardless, I personally believe a tighter community can be achieved here in which it isn't just the business as usual. I've seen it occur multiple times in the past, and it makes the gaming experience that much better. Aside from the key goal being to make money together, hosts and bettors alike, I think creating an environment in which players can become more connected both inside and outside of the game (similarly seen with the team-speak availability) will make the names mean MORE than just the total amount having had gambled beside it. Given the amazing organization this clan already has across various aspects; YouTube, consistent availability of hosts & frequent dps, with the addition of an online viewing experience for bettors etc. I really can see this forum exploding with activity. The only current need may be applications, but to me ... can be so much more. Just my opinion.

- Joel
    jocolor

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:17 pm